Alma Gilbert is a dealer, curator, author, and broker specializing in Maxfield Parrish. Her archives on Parrish—both physical and mental–are extensive. She provides the following services regarding works of Maxfield Parrish:
- Identify, authenticate, and give appraisals
- Handle sales, privately, brokered through auction houses, etc.
- Acquire desired pieces for clients
- Organize exhibits
- Author descriptions
- Provide provenance
- Speak publicly
Alma is also knowledgeable about the Cornish Colony, the thriving enclave of painters, sculptors, poets, playwrights, composers, designers, dancers, writers, politicians, and actors in New Hampshire centered around Parrish and the sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens in the 19th and 20th centuries.
Alma is available for public speaking engagements and tailors each presentation to the needs of the audience. Topics she regularly speaks on are listed below. Please ask about any subject that interests you that is not on the list.
- Maxfield Parrish: Master of Make-Believe and American Icon of the 20th Century
- The Age of Elegance: The Cornish Colony of Artists
- The Women Artists of the Cornish Colony